The Chapel of the Transfiguration
This little church is one of the most—visited in Wyoming. It’s located in a beautiful setting in Teton National Forest, and is actually maintained by St. John’s Episcopal Church in Jackson. But here, at The Chapel of the Transfiguration, all denominations are welcome. And folks from all over the world come to see it and worship.
The Chapel of the Transfiguration was built in 1925. And it was through the generous donations of locals that made it happen. The spectacular piece of land was donated by a private owner and all of the materials and labor were donated as well. And for almost a century, this little chapel in the middle of a mountain paradise has been a popular spot for weddings and services. The Easter sunrise services, and occasional Christmas Eve sevices (weather permitting) are memorable too.
The Chapel of the Transfiguration was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the 1980’s. And it is certainly an historic and inspiring place. And it still has the charm of a humble little house of worship, set in the vast mountain majesty of the Tetons.